[OpenAFS] openafs + gdm + home directory

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:48:38 +0200

Hi,

i have a strange problem in using the gdm login-manager and afs for
home-directories on my suse linux 8.0 box.
I set up PAM to authenticate the user against kerberos and i use the
pam_openafs-krb5-Module to get afs-tokens.
My /etc/pam.d/gdm is listed below.
When i try to login, gdm says that my home-directory is set to
/afs/cell/usr/klaas but it does not seem to exist.So gdm cannot start
gnome, which i have to use here.
When i first log in at the console using the same pam-configuration for
/etc/pam.d/login and keep this session alive and then login using gdm it
works, because the token for the user exists.
So it seems that gdm first checks or an existing home-directory and then
uses pam.
Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this?
Thanks in advance,

Klaas

Here is my /etc/pam.d/gdm:
#%PAM-1.0
auth           required   /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
auth           sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass
auth           required   /lib/security/pam_krb5.so use_first_pass
account     sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
account     required   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
password  required   /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password  sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
password  required   /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass
session      required   /lib/security/pam_unix_session.so
session     optional    /lib/security/pam_krb5.so
session     optional    /lib/security/pam_openafs-krb5.so