[OpenAFS] experience using pam for unified login (system/ databases)

Adrian Knoth adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:36:03 +0200

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:24:36AM +0200, Stephan Stapel wrote:

> Dear list,

Hi!.

> I am currently searching for a way to provide a unified login to both our
> system and to our databases (currently mysql, next-up will be possibly

It's easy. You'll have to replace your adduser-script by a modification
which automatically adds the user to both, the system and the database.

You may also want to change "passwd", either via PAM or via a special
script.

We're doing this for handling an university-students-pool. Keeping five
databases in sync, e.g. the Windows-PDC NT+LANMAN, Unix, AFS and so on.

> Any comments appreciated.

Everything is just a script :)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver