[OpenAFS] Aegis and OpenAFS

Erik Arneson erik@aarg.net
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:36:59 -0700

Hi everybody,

We are currently using Aegis to manage our software production.  It's
an excellent open-source CASE tool which you can read more about at
its website, <http://aegis.sf.net/>.  It works great with NFS, but it
apparently does some really tricky things with Unix-style file
permissions, because it has a hell of a time when working on an
AFS-mounted directory and fumbles badly on file permissions.

I am really new to AFS, so I am hoping that there is somebody here who
can point me to the resources necessary to learn more about the
differences between AFS acls and Unix user/group permissions and some
of the caveats and pitfalls to watch out for when programming for the
two, so I can help Peter Miller, the developer of Aegis, get it
working with AFS.

(Or, even better, if there's somebody who would be willing to explain
the details to Peter himself I would be very grateful.)

Thanks for your help!

--
;; Erik Arneson <erik@aarg.net>      JD, Ashland Lodge No. 23 ;;
;; GPG Key ID: 2048R/8B4CBC9C    RAM, Siskiyou Chapter No. 21 ;;