[OpenAFS] Solaris Clinet hangs

Gunnar Gunnarsson gunnar@ki.ericsson.se
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:18:20 +0200

Just umount afsroot and unload the kernel driver.
This works for me on all Solaris platforms.
Snipped from openafs startup script on Solaris.

if mount -p | grep \^AFS > /dev/null
then
	fuser -ck /afs
        umount /afs
        i=0
        while [ `ps -e | grep -c afsd` -ne 0 ] && [ $i -lt 30 ]
        do
		echo "Waiting for afsd to terminate..."
                i=`expr $i + 1`
                sleep 10
        done
        if [ $i -lt 30 ]
        then
		echo "AFS services stopped."
        else
	        echo "Timed out waiting for AFS services to stop."
fi

#
# unload kernel module
#
modid=`modinfo | awk '/afs .* filesystem/ {print $1}'`
if [ ! -z "$modid" ] ; then
	modunload -i $modid
fi