[OpenAFS] Setup OpenAFS, Heimdahl ans Keyfiles

Holger Brückner lists@net-labs.de
19 Sep 2002 15:04:56 +0200

Hello,

i'm trying to setup openafs with a heimdal kdc .. i'm currently stuck in
the process of creating correct keyfiles. what i've done so far:

compile and setup heimdal kdc with the following krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = NETLABS.DEV
        default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
        default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
        default_etypes = des-cbc-crc
        default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc
        clockskew = 300
        checksum_type = 1
        v4_instance_resolve = false
        v4_name_convert = {
                host = {
                        rcmd = host
                        ftp = ftp
                        imap = imap
                        smtp = smtp
                        lmtp = lmtp
                        ldap = ldap
                        acap = acap
                }
        }

[realms]
        NETLABS.DEV = {
          kdc = krb.net-labs.dev
          admin_server = krb.net-labs.dev
          default_domain = net-labs.dev
          v4_domains = net-labs.dev
        }

[domain_realm]
.net-labs.dev = NETLABS.DEV

[logging]
default      = SYSLOG:NOTICE:DAEMON
kdc          = FILE:/var/heimdal/kdc.log
admin_server = FILE:/var/heimdal/kadm5.log

[kdc]
enable-kerberos4 = true
enable-kaserver = true
enable-524 = true

[kadmin]
default_keys = v4 v5

then i compiled and installe openafs (1.2.7rc4) and followed the setup
guide on grand.central.org Wiki

i created an afs entry with ktadmin and exported it to a keytab file:

kdc:~ # ktutil -k /etc/afskeytab.krb5 list
/etc/afskeytab.krb5:

Vno  Type           Principal
  1  des-cbc-crc    afs@NETLABS.DEV
  1  des-cbc-md4    afs@NETLABS.DEV
  1  des-cbc-md5    afs@NETLABS.DEV
  1  des3-cbc-sha1  afs@NETLABS.DEV

looking through the mailinglist archives i read that the des3-cbc-sha1
key might cause problems with aklog so i removed this one:

kdc:~ # ktutil -k /etc/afskeytab.krb5 remove -p afs@NETLABS.DEV -e
des3-cbc-sha1
kdc:~ # ktutil -k /etc/afskeytab.krb5 list
/etc/afskeytab.krb5:

Vno  Type         Principal
  1  des-cbc-crc  afs@NETLABS.DEV
  1  des-cbc-md4  afs@NETLABS.DEV
  1  des-cbc-md5  afs@NETLABS.DEV

now i created the afs Keyfile:

kdc:~ # ktutil copy FILE:/etc/afskeytab.krb5
AFSKEYFILE:/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile
kdc:~ # ktutil -k /usr/afs/etc/KeyFile list
ktutil: krb5_kt_start_seq_get /usr/afs/etc/KeyFile: Unsupported key
table format version number
kdc:~ # ktutil -k AFSKEYFILE:/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile list
AFSKEYFILE:/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile:

Vno  Type         Principal
  1  des-cbc-md5  afs/netlabs.dev@NETLABS.DEV
  1  des-cbc-md5  afs/netlabs.dev@NETLABS.DEV
kdc:~ #

next step was adding an admin user to the kdc and creating the
appropriate pts entries

then restarting bos server to activate the keyfile

now i tried to get the afs ticket for user admin:

kdc:/etc # kinit admin
admin@NETLABS.DEV's Password:
kdc:/etc # klist
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
        Principal: admin@NETLABS.DEV

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Sep 19 16:46:55  Sep 20 02:46:55  krbtgt/NETLABS.DEV@NETLABS.DEV

   V4-ticket file: /tmp/tkt0
        Principal: admin@NETLABS.DEV

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Sep 19 16:46:55  Sep 20 02:46:55  krbtgt.NETLABS.DEV@NETLABS.DEV

so far so good, but aklog fails:

kdc:/etc # /download/i386_linux2/aklog -d
Authenticating to cell netlabs.dev (server kdc).
We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm NETLABS.DEV.
Getting tickets: afs/@NETLABS.DEV
About to resolve name admin to id in cell netlabs.dev.
Id 1
Set username to AFS ID 1
Setting tokens. AFS ID 1 /  @ NETLABS.DEV
aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell netlabs.dev (status: 11862791).
kdc:/etc # klist
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
        Principal: admin@NETLABS.DEV

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Sep 19 16:46:55  Sep 20 02:46:55  krbtgt/NETLABS.DEV@NETLABS.DEV
Sep 19 16:47:05  Sep 20 02:46:55  afs@NETLABS.DEV

   V4-ticket file: /tmp/tkt0
        Principal: admin@NETLABS.DEV

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Sep 19 16:46:55  Sep 20 02:46:55  krbtgt.NETLABS.DEV@NETLABS.DEV

what the heck is going wrong here ?!? i see that i get a krb5 ticket but
the needed(?) krb4 ticket isnt issued, although it is send by the kdc:

2002-09-19T16:47:05 TGS-REQ admin@NETLABS.DEV from IPv4:10.0.1.76 for
afs@NETLABS.DEV
2002-09-19T16:47:05 sending 491 bytes to IPv4:10.0.1.76
2002-09-19T16:47:05 524-REQ admin@NETLABS.DEV from IPv4:10.0.1.76 for
afs@NETLABS.DEV
2002-09-19T16:47:05 sending 1266 bytes to IPv4:10.0.1.76

can anyone explain to me what is going wrong and how i can resolve the
problem ?

thanks a lot

Holger Brueckner