[OpenAFS] Token Persistency and GUI Problems on Mac OS X

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:04:09 -0400

--On Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:04:53 -0700 Wei-Gung Sun
<Wei-Gung.Sun@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> You still can cd to (open) that directory (folder) through Mac terminal
> window's command line operation if the AFS ACL authorizes you at least
> the l (lookup access) privilege.
[..]
> Since this is an AFS client, then this is a bug.

If there's a bug at all, I'd say that its that afs doesn't do any
enforcement of a directory's owner mode bits (but that's not mac specific).
AFS does enforce the restrictions placed on access to files by the owner
mode bits.

How'd you get a mode 400 (or 444) directory, anyway?