[OpenAFS] Serious problem upon rebuild

Madhusudan Singh chhabra@eecs.umich.edu
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:37:28 -0400

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Madhusudan Singh <chhabra@eecs.umich.edu> writes:
>

>>Now when I bootup, I get to the stage where it says :
>>
>>Found module libafs-2.4.19-LAPTOP-CUSTOM-17SEP2002-i686.o ...
>>
>>and then it hangs.
>>
>>What could be wrong ???
>>

>What happens if you try loading AFS by hand?
>

>>MS
>>

>-derek

Hi
    Thanks for your response.

    I just tried starting it by hand (/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start) and it
froze the whole system. Had to do a hard reboot.

    My /var/log/messages does not contain any afs related messages.

    One probably unrelated fact :

    A few weeks ago, my afs sysadmin doubled my filespace from 100 MB to
200 MB. The cache setting for openafs is 100 MB. The previous version of
openafs (1.2.4 rpm from openafs.org) worked fine, though. In any case,
the cache should control the total amount data that would be cached on
my HD - should affect only speed of file accesses).

    Which kernel are 1.2.6 rpm's compiled against ? If it is 2.4.19,
would the $EXTRAVERSION (I set it in the kernel Makefile  to
LAPTOP-CUSTOM-17SEP2002) cause problems ?

Thanks,

MS

PS : I will now try replacing the rebuilt rpm's with the "official" rpms
from openafs.org and see what happens.