Vedr.: Re: [OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

JaS@codan.com JaS@codan.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:18:03 +0200

I started my afs installation with -noauth.
Removed the strange volume and created a new one.

It seems, that everything works as supposed now, except one little curious
detail. If i try to "ls -l /afs" or "fs mkmount /afs/.codan root.cell", I
get this error :

ls: /afs/.: Stale NFS file handle   or    ls: ./. : Stale NFS file handle

Is this as supposed to be?

Regards
Jacob

                    Charles
                    Clancy               Til:    JaS@codan.com
                    <security@xau        cc:     openafs-info@openafs.org
                    th.net>              Vedr.:  Re: [OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

                    26-09-02
                    17:15

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 JaS@codan.com wrote:

> This is what I get, if I try to remove root.afs :
>
> Could not lock VLDB entry for the volume 536870912
> VLDB: no permission access for call
> Error in vos remove command.
> VLDB: no permission access for call
>
> I had a vague idea, that this was what one could expect.

Do you have an admin token?

Do "vos remove wallace vicepa root.afs -localauth" from your AFS server.
That avoids authentication and token problems.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]