[OpenAFS] AFS Training ?

Daniel Clark/Cambridge/IBM daniel_clark@us.ibm.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:05:01 -0400

Paul Blackburn wrote:
> Transarc used to run some excellent AFS administrator courses.
> Does anyone know of AFS training available today?

According to w3.education.ibm.com (internal IBM site, there is some
external equivalent but I don't know what it is) Transarc - now "IBM
Pittsburgh Lab" - still runs the "AFS Administration" course. It's course
code SW800 and will next occur in Pittsburgh, PA 2002-12-10 to 2002-12-13.
Below are the full details, which include a contact number/email to get
more info and future course dates. I have taken this class and can vouch
that it is excellent. My class was taught by someone who had been
administering AFS since it was a research project at CMU, so in addition to
access to deep technical knowledge there were also interesting historical
asides.

Course Details: AFS Administration

2002-12-10 to 2002-12-13

Course Code:SW800
Section:K8II

Course Location:
   Room: TBA 2
   IBM Pittsburgh Lab 9Fl
   11 Stanwix Street
   Pittsburgh
   United States
   15222

Course Contact:
   Tracy Linza
   linza at IBMUS
   412-667-4477
   TL 989-4477

Course Schedule:
   2002-12-10 to 2002-12-13
   09:00:00 to 18:00:00
   Last Day End Time: 17:30:00

Last Cancellation Date without penalty:
   2002-11-25

Equipment Required:
   None

Course Enrollments:
   Total Students Confirmed: 1 of 14
   Total on Standby: 0

Additional Course Information:
   None

Comments:
   None

Location Specific Info:

LOCATION:
   IBM Pittsburgh Lab
   11 Stanwix Street
   9th FL
   Pittsburgh, PA 15222

CONTACT:
   412-667-4433
   TL 989-4433

BADGES:
   See lobby receptionist on 9th Floor
   All visitors are required to sign-in
   (8:00am - 6:00pm)

LOCAL HOTEL INFORMATION

Pittsburgh Hilton
600 Commonwealth Place
Gateway Center
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-391-4600
Ask for IBM/Transarc rate of $92 per night
(Subject to change without notice)
5 minute walk to Lab

Sheraton Hotel
Carson & SMithfield Streets
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
412-261-2000
5-10 minute subway ride to Lab
Ask for IBM/Transarc rate of $116 per night
(Subject to change without notice)

DIRECTIONS

FROM AIRPORT:
* From Airport follow the signs toward Pittsburgh
  (Approx 15 miles) to the Fort Pitt Tunnel
* Stay in the left lane.
* After the tunnel, you will be on the Fort Pitt Bridge
* Take the Boulevard of the Allies Exit
* Proceed to Stanwix St and turn right.
* Proceed one block to 11 Stanwix
  (Look for Blattner Bruner revolving sign)
* Parking garage is in the building
* Parking in the garage is $14 per day - student expense.

--
Daniel Clark # Sys Admin & Release Engineer
IBM > Lotus > Messaging Technology Group