[OpenAFS] Servers from Transarc-AFS to OpenAFS.

Frederic Gilbert Frederic.Gilbert@inria.fr
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:10:33 +0200

We are planning to migrate some Transarc-AFS servers (3.5p4a, Solaris
2.6) to OpenAFS (1.2.6, same OS).

I wanted to know if I could hope to find all my AFS data unchanged after
upgrading the binaries, or if there was something to be done on the
database and on the volumes to convert them from Transarc format to
OpenAFS format.

Sorry if this is a beginner's FAQ; I did not find any mention about such
conversion in all that I could read (except the use of vldb_convert for
some old Transarc versions), but I wanted to be really sure before doing
the move...

Thanks for your help,
Frederic Gilbert.