[OpenAFS] apparent OpenAFS and Pre-emptible Linux Kernel issues

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
31 Mar 2003 19:35:43 -0600

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 13:21, Srikanth Vishwanathan wrote:
> The global lock and the Rx locks are defined only for SMP. Changing
> that might fix a majority of the problems.

I can definately attest to the fact that afs gets VERY unhappy if
locking isn't happening properly. Some of my earlier
prototyping/ansification work in the afs source dorked up how/when locks
were enabled. It didn't consistently crash, but it was very easily
dorked up as soon as you put the kernel code under any loading.

-- Nathan