[OpenAFS] Connection timed out?

John Koyle jkoyle@rfpdepot.com
01 Apr 2003 13:55:07 -0700

I have about 6 volumes on a server and have a separate server that has
readonly replicas of those volumes.   Call them a, a.b, a.c, a.d, etc.

I can access all volumes just fine from two different clients, however
one volume, a.c, keeps getting a connection timed out error on the
clients.  It happens roughly at the same time on both client systems,
but does not happen with any other volumes - I can access them just
fine.

Running fs checkv clears up the problem for awhile, but several hours
later (6-8), the problem crops up again.  I've tried doing a backup of
the volume, deleteing it from the servers, then restoring and it still
happens.

Does anyone have any ideas for this?  Running v1.2.8 on solaris9 servers
and RH linux 7.x clients.

Thanks!
John