[OpenAFS] ticket lifetime

Christian Ospelkaus christian@core-coutainville.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:00:47 +0200

Hello everybody,

thanks to Sam Hartman's debian packages, I got started really quickly. I have
openafs-1.2.8 running on one server and one client with a MIT krb5 kdc. I
have managed to increase the ticket lifetime by increasing the maxlife of the
user principals, of krbtgt/... and of the afs entry. Additionally, I have
changed the max_life in kdc.conf to 24 hours. If I do a

kinit -l 24h

I get tickets with 24h lifetime, so this works. However, if I just do kinit
or get a ticket through the pam module, I still get 10h ticket lifetime. How
can I set the default lifetime? I have been playing with various settings in
krb5.conf without much success...

Thanks for your help,

Christian Ospelkaus