[OpenAFS] Supported Platforms

Edward Moy emoy@apple.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:58:12 -0800

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 02:37  PM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> Did anyone ever get the server working on OSX?  I don't want to run a
> server on a laptop, but maybe that would be easier for a
> proof-of-concept test.

Yes, it did require a bit of work to get it to function at all.  I made
some other changes, and now it works on both UFS and HFS.  I've been
testing it for the last month, and the server seems quite stable, but I
still have a few problem with the client (those "panic averted"
messages; I have a fix that greatly reduces them, but I'm not totally
satisfied with it, so I'm still working on it).

This is the 1.2.8 version; haven't had a chance to look at 1.2.9 yet.
Edward Moy
Apple Computer, Inc.
emoy@apple.com

(This message is from me as a reader of this list, and not a statement
from Apple.)