[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on OpenBSD

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:26:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, mcmer wrote:

> mcmer:
> What's this then?

Random files. He wrote the code, his answer is authoritative.

We don't advertise support in the releases, because it wasn't done.

> [from last posting]
> $ ls openafs-1.2.8/src/config/ | grep obsd
> Makefile.i386_obsd29
> Makefile.i386_obsd29.in
> param.i386_obsd29.h
> param.i386_obsd29_usr.h
> $ ls openafs-1.3.2/src/config/ | grep obsd
> param.i386_obsd29.h
> param.i386_obsd29_usr.h

> mcmer:
> Well, I did... but only with the 'releases', not the snapshot, since I
> thought the autodetection was going to work...

And the releases don't support OpenBSD.

> Stated below are - once more - the results of my efforts... not too
> successful, unfortunately.

Well, this is the first time I'd expect it to work;-)

> $ configure --with-afs-sysname=i386_obsd32 --enable-transarc-paths >
> configure_log
> sed: ./src/libuafs/MakefileProto.OBSD.in: No such file or directory

Looks like a file didn't get cvs added. Jim?

> xstat_fs_test.c:810: warning: passing arg 2 of `cmd_CreateSyntax' from
> incompatible pointer type
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

Can't see how compiler segfaulting can be our fault, maybe we tickle some
bug in it, but that shouldn't happen.