[OpenAFS] Compile problems and core dumping afsd

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:02:01 -0400

> So the I got openafs-1.2.8-rh7.1.1.src.rpm and tried to compile it with
> rpm -bb, which gave me, after a while the following compile error:

this distribution is not an "srpm", it is an installable package
that happens to contain source (like kernel-source rpms).

the name is a hint:
   openafs-kernel-source-1.2.8-rh7.1.1.i386.rpm

anyway, you need to install the RPM and then go into
/usr/src/openafs-kernel-1.2.8, and read the README there (whcih basically
says "go in here, type configure, type make, and install like so).

Suggestion for the maintainers:  put a note on the download page next
to the RPM that says what i said above.

danno
--
dan pritts                                       danno@internet2.edu
systems administrator                            734/352-4953 office