[OpenAFS] Windows error ERROR_REQ_NOT_ACCEP

Ben Creech bpcreech@eos.ncsu.edu
07 Apr 2003 16:19:45 -0400

On a few of our Windows machines, we're having trouble talking to the
AFS client (1.2.8a).  When mapping a drive to \\machine-afs\all, we get:

No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time
because there are already as many connections as the computer can
accept.

This is ERROR_REQ_NOT_ACCEP, win32 error 71.

Also, when calling ktc_ForgetAllTokens we're getting KTC_NOCM.  A quick
persusal of the source shows that this is probably caused by
CreateFileEx failing on \\machine-afs\all\_._IOCTL_AFS_._.  I expect
that if I were to stick a GetLastError in there, I'd see the same win32
error code from the ktc interface as I do from explorer's drive mapper.

The problem persists until the service is restarted, at which point it
works OK for a while.  There is nothing of note in the event log between
service startup and the error.

It looks like someone at MIT ran into the same problem:
http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/facdev/pismere/issues/afsd_service

Has anyone run into this problem and (even better) solved it?

Thanks,
Ben Creech
ITECS