[OpenAFS] Starting the AFS client from Hibernation

Patrick Berge bergep@us.ibm.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:30:39 -0400

My Win2k laptop has the AFS 1.2.8a client to access AFS data.  I noticed
the "Start the AFS Client Service whenever this computer restarts" option
and it works fine for power downs.  I rarely power it down using
hibernation instead.  I would like to see a "Start the AFS Client Service
from Hibernation"  option added or some help writing a script to do so.

With Linux on my laptop I wrote a quick little script to run after
hibernation to check for a network connection and if so start the AFS
client.  I was not able to find any information on writing scripts for
recovery from Windows hibernation.

Patrick D. Berge
bergep@us.ibm.com