[OpenAFS] module problem

Ashish Gupta ashish@Princeton.EDU
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:20:57 -0400

Hi,

rpm -qa | grep openafs

openafs-client-1.2.8-rh7.2.1
openafs-kernel-1.2.8-rh7.2.1
openafs-1.2.8-rh7.2.1
openafs-krb5-1.2.8-rh7.2.1

starting afs

Hmm...  I can't seem to find an AFS kernel module suitable for your
Linux
kernel.  That means you will need to build or obtain a suitable module.
The following information may be of some use in obtaining assistance:
CPU Type:       1586.intel.2
Linux version:  2.4.18-27.7.x #1 Fri Mar 14 06:44:53 EST 2003
RedHat release: Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)
Symbol versions:
  iget4      a7ae4e4a
  iget4      a7ae4e4a
  sock_create cca37204
Did not find matching module in SymTable
AFS module /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.18-27.7.x.o does not exist.
Not
starting AFS.

Do I have to wait for new releases?
If we can put the release date along with the "all releases" that will
be helpful in predicting when one can get the rpms for newer kernels.

Thanks
Ashish