[OpenAFS] some basic infos about security

Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono lo_oris@libero.it
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:13:51 +0200

"Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> :

> Many people (me include) have home directoris in AFS. So it is not clear
> what is the problem.

the problem is that i didn't understand what kerberos and pam do :)

now i suppose that they:

 · require users to login one, at the login prompt, and don't bother them
with other requests such as an AFS separate login
 · mantain the same user database between Linux itself and AFS
 · if i create a new user take care of updating ACL for his home directory

correct?

if "yes", then could you address me to a good document
(howto/tutorial/whatever) to have AFS+kerberos+pam running?

thx :)

PS: i'll stick to ACL, but i'd like to have enough time to create a program
to automatically update ACLs when somebody chmods or chowns

PS: i suppose there is no GPL implementation of it? i dislike "kernel
tainted" :/

--
"Never give up  Never give in  Be on our side  So we can win
 Never give up  Never give in  Be on our side

http://lano.webhop.net ·-:=[asd]=:-· http://lano-forum.webhop.net