[OpenAFS] some basic infos about security

Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono lo_oris@libero.it
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:10:45 +0200

"Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> :

> http://www.google.com then search for kerberos

i know how to search, i asked to know if there is one particular good
document. probably there are lots of them, so i asked to know if there is
one that you think is better :)

> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/ is the first hit.
>
> a google search on pam gives http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/
> a reasonable place to start.

i'll try

> >  · mantain the same user database between Linux itself and AFS
>
> In the unix world, the /etc/passwd does identification, authenticaiton

you mean kerberos uses /etc/passwd too? that is what i meant with "sharing
the same user database" :)

> >  · if i create a new user take care of updating ACL for his home
> >  directory
> >
> > correct?
>
> Kerberos does authenticaiton. The ACLs are for authorization.

mmmm i mean: i create a new user. his home is automatically created and
owned by him. i hope it is also automatically authorized by acl to access
it... (did i explain myself?)

--
"Never give up  Never give in  Be on our side  So we can win
 Never give up  Never give in  Be on our side

http://lano.webhop.net ·-:=[asd]=:-· http://lano-forum.webhop.net