[OpenAFS] AFS from NFS Mount

John Rudd jrudd@ucsc.edu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:45:30 -0700

> From: tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de (Tino Schwarze)
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:05:10AM -0700, Brent Johnson wrote:
> > So the only way I could run (theoretically) a fileserver over nfs is by
> > using a namei fileserver?
> >
> > Also, any good info out there on what namei is and why we should use it?
>
> Short answer:
> http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/SupportedConfigurations

So, then, how do we enable it?  Is this an OpenAFS only feature?  If so,
is it a compile time feature? or a run time conf file feature? or a run
time command line feature?

Or is it something the last transarc version can do? (and again, conf file,
command line, etc.?)

And is it something that we can do to convert an existing cell, or do we
have to start over with a new cell?  or what?