[OpenAFS] some basic infos about security

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:07:10 -0700

Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@libero.it> writes:
> Ian Delahorne <ian@assv.net> :

>> They aren=B4t transparent? What is transparent in this context?

> transparent means they are not aware it is a network file system.

Given that you can (and people do) use ACLs on local file systems, I don't
think this is the distiction that you're really drawing.  I think that in
this context, what you mean is "transparent means that it looks exactly
like a traditional Unix file system."

AFS doesn't and cannot give you this.  If this is a requirement for your
application, you'll need to use a different file system.

--=20