[OpenAFS] Call for papers on use of OSS

David S Goldberg dsg@mitre.org
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:39:14 -0400

At a recent internal (to MITRE) event I was describing AFS and my
organization's use of it to Terry Bollinger, who, among other things,
evaluates the use of open source software by MITRE's sponsors.  When I
noted that IBM had released a version of AFS as open source and that
there appeared to a good bit of energy in the OpenAFS community,
including what I've perceived to be use by commercial enterprises he
asked that I forward this call for papers to this list:

TB> Here is the URL for the IEEE Softare call for papers on enterprise
TB> use of open source software, which as I noted could be a very nice
TB> spot for a paper on commercial use of AFS:

TB>    IEEE Software, "Developing with Open Source Software":
TB>    http://www.computer.org/software/edcal.htm#OSS

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg
Associate Department Head, G06A: Advanced Technical Computing Center