[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Linux 2.5.x

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
15 Apr 2003 15:44:40 -0400

Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> writes:

> I tried to compile libafs against Linux-2.5.67, it didn't work.

Surprise, surprise...  (note the facetious tone in that statement).

> Is it my fault, should I do something else?

You're going to have to apply a large amount of development time
to port the code to Linux-2.5.

> I don't need the MP-module, so I removed it from building. The SP-module
> fails with a different error.

It's going to fail regardless, until someone ports the kernel module
to 2.5.  The kernel interfaces have changed significantly since 2.4
(as has the kernel-module build system!).  It will be a good couple
man-weeks, I suspect, to port the code to 2.5.

-derek