[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Linux 2.5.x

chas williams chas@locutus.cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:33:33 -0400

In message <Pine.LNX.4.53L-031.0304151607430.14506@trafford.andrew.cmu.edu>,Der
rick J Brashear writes:
>> You mean in terms of inserting ourselves into the sys_call_table?  Or
>> are you referring to something else?

i think the syscall table can be handled easily enough via a different
interface.  did the kernel people have any suggestion as the to 'proper'
scheme?

>That's one example. Something needs to happen for PAGs also, and us
>hooking the setgroups/getgroups calls is really the wrong answer.

again, did they have any suggestions?  how about tampering with struct
task directly (that would probably make the kernel folks real happy of
course :) -- or getting a field added to struct task so we can hang the
afs credentials from it?