[OpenAFS] [aklog] pam integration (fwd)

Sebastian Roth Sebastian.Roth@frm2.tum.de
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:38:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

yesterday I finished an basic openafs with kerberos 5 installation
(happy, docs will follow). ;)

Right now, there are still problems with aklog integration into pam.

Used versions:
RedHat 7.3
Kerberos V 1.2.7
OpenAFS 1.2.8
afs-krb5 2.0 (The migration kit I think) [1]
pam_openafs-krb5 1.0 (not sure, was included in debian unstable, so I
grabbed from there)
OpenSSH 3.6.1p1

Let start with /etc/pam.d/sshd

<conf>
#%PAM-1.0

auth            required        pam_nologin.so
auth            required        pam_env.so
auth            sufficient      pam_krb5.so forwardable
auth            required        pam_unix.so try_first_pass shadow

account         sufficient      pam_krb5.so forwardable
account         required        pam_unix.so try_first_pass shadow

password        required        pam_krb5.so forwardable

session         sufficient      pam_krb5.so forwardable
session         required        pam_openafs-krb5.so
session         required        pam_unix.so
</conf>

Current behavior is that user can log in, but don't have any rights to
their home directory. (ACL's are set up properly,btw). If they type in
`aklog` manually, access to their homes works.

So there could be a problem inside the pam-module. I walked through the
source of pam_openafs-krb5.so and aklog and inserted some `syslog`-calls.
Very interesting, it seems that aklog doesn't like the start out of the
pam-module as it gets started from there and failed with error message:
<msg>
aklog: Couldn't get admin.frm2 AFS tickets:
aklog: Invalid argument while getting AFS tickets
</msg>

Other solutions like putting aklog into /etc/profile or using other pam
modules (a.e. pam-aklog) didn't help.

Please give me a hint...

Thank you in advance,

		Sebastian

[1] ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/afs-krb5-2.0.tar.gz