[OpenAFS] unable to map drives WinXP error 0x00000035

James Peterson james@abrakus.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:54:04 -0700

There are a few possibilities about drive mapping.

Basically you have been able to map the drive or its useable.  The mapping
can proceed without a hitch; however, when you try to access it you get the
error.  The situation I had was because I didn't have the UDP ports open on
my connection so I couldn't access the world outside my own local network.

I am sure your problem has nothing to do with RAID configuration, it is due
with how the computer is configured to talk to the network or how AFS is
configured.  Here are some places to check:

1. Can you access the cell, Ping to the cell (e.g. ping openafs.org)
2. Is the drive mapped correctly:  Contents of \windows\afsdsbmt.ini  and
\windows\afsdcell.ini (must have correct IP address for cell and shouldn't
have any comments at the beginning of the file)
3. Check error log during AFS startup: \windows\afsd_init.log
5. From Dos window: net use  (returns mapping information)
6. Is your firewall blocking UDP messages?
More advanced techniques:
7. Turn on the trace option in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Param
eters\TraceOption=1
	Then start the service and look for errors in the Event Log
8. Problems with NetBios: Obtain a copy of nbstat and check the status of
netbios connections.
9. Are you using a loop back adapter?

Unfortunately I don't have access to nbstat so I can't help you there.

Let me know what you come up with or the results of your investigation

James Peterson
"Integrity is the Base of Excellence"