[OpenAFS] Unix mode bits modified when using OpenAFS...

Dan Magestro magestro@bnl.gov
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:46:26 -0700

Hi - I've noticed that, when I modify files on a Unix server via OpenAFS
on Windows, OpenAFS changes the Unix mode bits:

Before:

   -rw-r--r--    1 magestro      891 Apr 18 18:10 rootlogon.C

After opening and saving via Windows OpenAFS:

   -rwxrwxrwx    1 magestro      891 Apr 21 12:41 rootlogon.C

I know that permissions in AFS are at the directory level, but I'm still
surprised that OpenAFS is modifying the Unix bits.  This is causing me a
minor problem... does anyone know how to keep this from happening and to
keep the unix mode bits unchanged?  I would like to avoid having to
issue 'chmod' commands...

Thanks,

Dan Magestro
Ohio State University