[OpenAFS] Definitive Krb5 documentation desired

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:40:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Andreas Haupt wrote:

> > > I think that's not correct. The kaserver emulation in the heimdal kdc does
> > > not support the ka_mainencance_service. This means you can throw away all
> > > scripts which used it (e.g. with kas), and replace it with kadmin calls.

Sure, I don't consider this a user program, but maybe you do.

> > The reson heimdal doesn't include KAM_ support is that it requires are
> > complete rx+rxkad-stack, where KAA_ doesn't.
>
> So it might be possible?

Sure, you could split the ka listener off the heimdal kdc, make it a
separate process, and implement this, but i wouldn't want to try to pull
rx+rxkad into the complete kdc.