[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.9 on Mandrake

Troy Dawson dawson@fnal.gov
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:40:31 -0500

Howdy Ho.
You said when I got stuff working right on Mandrake to send you what I changed
in the spec file. so here goes.

I ended up only having to change two things (actually 3 if you consider that
one change changes two parts)

First, I had to change the part where it builds the SymTable.
I changed

$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/vice/etc/afsmodname -x -f $symtable \
	$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs*.o

$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/vice/etc/afsmodname -S iget4_locked -x -f $symtable \
	$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs*.o

Second.  I never found out why this happens, but it does.  When you build the
rpm, for some reason it mangles the startup script.  Not alot, just enough
that it won't shut down properly.  It's actually leaving off part of the line
where it finds what module to pull out of the kernel.  So it ends up doing a
'rmmod ' without any argument.  Anyway, to fix that, after several tries of
other things.  I got the /etc/init.d/afs that you get in the redhat rpm's, and
made it a source, then copied it over.  So here are the changes for that.  I'm
sorry these arn't in good "patch" format, but at the time I'm writting this, I
don't have a clean spec file to do a 'diff' against, so I'm doing it by hand.
  You can get the spec file from
ftp://linux.fnal.gov/linux/contrib/openafs/MD91/openafs-1.2.9.spec
You can get the rpm's there too, but since they are made to be bound to our
cells, most people probrubly wouldn't need them.

Source8: openafs-README
++Source9: openafs-afs.rc
Source10: http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/${afsvers}/RELNOTES-%{afsvers}

--Patch0: openafs-%{afsvers}-rc.patch

--%patch0 -p0

tar cf - -C ${sysname}/dest/root.client/usr/vice/etc afsd modload | tar xf -
-C $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/vice/etc
++# Link kpasswd to kapasswd
++ln -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin/kpasswd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin/kapasswd
# Copy root.client config files

So anyway, it's now working good on Mandrake 9.1.
Troy
Troy Dawson  dawson@fnal.gov  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/OSS  CSI Group