[OpenAFS] fs setcrypt and transarc

Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:18:20 -0400

Jim> The encryption is called fcrypt, and it's a lot like des.  Some
Jim> would say it's not as strong as des but in practice I wouldn't
Jim> worry too much about someone cracking my traffic.  Phil Moore
Jim> might feel differently.

Professionally, I can't comment on how Morgan Stanley uses or doesn't
use encryption without getting fired, and I have a huge mortgage to
pay.

Personally, as a paranoid conspiracy theorist/lunatic, I would also
like to see stronger encryption hooks available.  I trust noone,
except *maybe* my wife, and definitely not my kids and the rest of my
family, and without question not any of my fellow hacker/geek friends
and colleagues.