[OpenAFS] with or without krb5 and openldap?

Karl Bowden kbowden@pacificspeed.com.au
01 Aug 2003 09:39:44 +1000

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 22:26, Karl Bowden wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 11:41, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Karl Bowden <kbowden@pacificspeed.com.au> writes:
> >
> > > I found using /etc/passwd distributing messy. Would Krb5 and OpenLDAP w/
> > > SASL support, be the best configuration?
> >
> > Well, I'm not sure about "best", but it would certainly be fine...
> > There are certainly alternatives (you could use NIS or Hesiod instead
> > of LDAP), but it's certainly sufficient.
>
> I have had many problems setting up ldap in the past, but hesiod looks
> like an easy anternative. I already have bind as a cacheing nameserver
> anyway.

On second thoughts, after looking into hesiod a bit further, it does not
seem that secure at all. Would this be a correct view? If so I would
rather keep working on an LDAP implimentation.

 - Karl