[OpenAFS] with or without krb5 and openldap?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
01 Aug 2003 01:02:27 -0400

Karl Bowden <kbowden@pacificspeed.com.au> writes:

> On second thoughts, after looking into hesiod a bit further, it does not
> seem that secure at all. Would this be a correct view? If so I would
> rather keep working on an LDAP implimentation.

Hesiod is not any less secure than LDAP.  At least with Hesiod if you
deploy DNSSec you get complete security.  OTOH, you do not require a
significant amount of security on hesiod info -- who cares about your
GECOS field?  The real authentication security is from Kerberos.

>  - Karl

-derek