[OpenAFS] with or without krb5 and openldap?

John Rudd jrudd@ucsc.edu
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:19:24 -0700

On Thursday, Jul 31, 2003, at 22:06 US/Pacific, Derrick J Brashear
wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Karl Bowden <kbowden@pacificspeed.com.au> writes:
>>
>>> On second thoughts, after looking into hesiod a bit further, it does
>>> not
>>> seem that secure at all. Would this be a correct view? If so I would
>>> rather keep working on an LDAP implimentation.
>>
>> Hesiod is not any less secure than LDAP.  At least with Hesiod if you
>
> Actually I suspect it's easier to configure TLS with LDAP than DNSSEC
> with
> Hesiod.

Or you can set up Hesiod without DNSSEC.  Probably the easiest of the
permutations.

What are you worried about having in Hesiod that you're concerned about
its security?  The whole point of Hesiod is that there's nothing secure
that you put in it.