[OpenAFS] sparc64_linux24 woes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:37:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, John S. Bucy wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:11:56AM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, John S. Bucy wrote:
> >

> > > I'm having issues building the kernel module for sparc64_linux24.  To
> > > get the kernel module to compile, I had to copy the definitions of
> > > old_gid_t from kernel headers into osi_group.c (obviously bad) and
> > > when I try to load the module, I get 'unresolved symbol
> > > sys_call_table32'
> > >
> > > I'm building on debian/woody against a 2.4.21 kernel.
> >
> > What does grep sys_call_table /proc/ksyms say?
>
> 000000000040e400 sys_call_table_Rdfdb18bd

I've never seen a sparc64 system which doesn't provide 32 bit
compatibility. We should probably have configure tests for this, but can I
guess you did something like decide you didn't need something-or-other
compatibility and compiled it out, and brazenly suggest over-optimization
sucks? If debian is providing kernels with no sparc32 support, I'd just
like to say "ew".

That aside, /afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/osi_module.c-sparc64, dropped
in src/afs/LINUX as osi_module.c, might work. It was 30 seconds work with
emacs, and I didn't test it. Or, just re-enable (probably sparc32 binary
compatibility, but I'm guessing) and rebuild the kernel.