[OpenAFS] uss authentication

Chris McClimans openafs-info@mcclimans.net
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:34:16 -0500

I'm trying   to use uss, but it doesn't want to use my existing
administrative token. Dry run seems to do what I want, but when I
actually try to do it authenticated I get prompted for a password which
appears to try and contact the kaserver or something and not use my
existing token or kerberos ticket. Any pointers?
-chris

cp114% ./uss delete cmcclima -mountpoint /afs/cell/user/cmcclima
-savevolume  -dryrun -skipauth
         [Dry run - mount point 'cmcclima' NOT removed]
         [Dry run - user 'cmcclima@ttu.edu' not deleted from Protection
DB]

cp114% ./uss delete cmcclima -mountpoint /afs/cell/user/cmcclima
-savevolume  -dryrun -admin mccliman.admin
Password for 'mccliman.admin':
./uss: Ubik Call failed while getting administrator token (possibly
wrong password, or not an administrative account)

cp114% ./uss delete cmcclima -mountpoint /afs/cell/user/cmcclima
-savevolume  -dryrun          Password for 'chris':
./uss: Ubik Call failed while getting administrator token (possibly
wrong password, or not an administrative account)

Verification that I have a system:administrators token in the UserList:

cp114% tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@cell [Expires Aug 18 17:19]
    --End of list--

cp114% pts listentries | grep mccliman.admin
mccliman.admin                 1   -204    -204

cp114% pts membership system:administrators
Members of system:administrators (id: -204) are:
   mccliman.admin

cp114% bos listusers afsserver.cell
SUsers are: mccliman.admin