[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client hangs on WinXP

Christian R Molls CMolls@gmx.net
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:32:39 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to access an AFS server using OpenAFS 1.2.10 for Windows. I
am using Windows XP Prof SP1. To be allowed to access our server, I have
got to use a VPN tunnel, as my client is in an outside network. I am
using a Cisco VPN Client 4.0.2 (B) and tried a split and a full tunnel
connection.

Obtaining the token and mapping some drives works OK, but when
I try to access the drives from Explorer, the Explorer hangs. When I
kill and restart the Explorer, the mapped drives appear under "My
Computer", but when I access them, Explorer hangs again.

The only hints I have are some Windows event log entries:

 | Warning: Pkt straddled session startup, took 76260 ms, ncb
 | length 96.

 | Warning: Pkt straddled session startup, took 42061 ms, ncb
 | length 86.

 | Warning: HardDeadTime exceeded.

I apologize for the sparse information - I am pretty clueless about
OpenAFS and don't know what to look for.

Thanks,
Christian