[OpenAFS] vfsck for hp_ux11i

James E. Dobson James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU
20 Aug 2003 11:27:57 EDT

> I have searched through the archived post's to find any
> information with vfsck and HP-UX.  My question is simply, does
> OpenAFS require vfsck as AFS did?
>
> In the AFS manual it states, "Never run the standard fsck
> program on AFS server partitions.  It discards AFS volumes."  Has
> this changed with OpenAFS, or do I need to use AFS vfsck.

Depends. If you compile support for namei you don't need to use vfsck.=20=
The namei-enabled fileserver creates normal links into the file systems=
 and will let you run fs features such as logging on it. If you use sta=
ndard inode fileserver you will need to 'fsuck' with the OpenAFS versio=
n of fsck (vfsck).

-jed

// Jed Dobson
// Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
// Dartmouth College
// James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU
// (603) 646-9324