[OpenAFS] aklog gets wrong realm?

Andrew Leahy aleahy@knox.edu
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:59:30 -0500

Hello,

I've been using aklog to set up an AFS cell with authentication from a
Windows kerberos server.  The one problem I'm having is getting aklog to
use the right realm.  By default, it seems to grab the domain name for
the system and use it as the realm:

[aleahy@huygens ~]$ aklog -d
Authenticating to cell knox.edu (server gregory.lab.knet.edu).
We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm LAB.KNET.EDU.
Getting tickets: afs/knox.edu@LAB.KNET.EDU
Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328377
aklog: Couldn't get knox.edu AFS tickets:
aklog: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting AFS tickets

As long as I use the "-c" and "-k" flags, it works fine, but I'd like to
make this as simple to use for users as possible.  I believe I have my
kerberos config files set up correctly--and in fact I have a RH 7.3
system where the "-c" and "-k" flags are unnecessary--but I haven't been
able to get it to work on a redhat 9 system.

Does anybody know of a magical flag I can set somewhere so that aklog
finds the correct values?

Thanks.

Andrew Leahy

---