[OpenAFS] Windows cache problem revisited...

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:32:25 -0600

> Uhh, if you read the "notes" at the bottom of that wiki page, you'll
> see:
> "Might be worth mentioning that using a large cache tends to cause
> OpenAFS to kernel panic under Panther (Mac OS X 10.3)... use memcache
> instead."

I've been running with a 2 Gig cache (I hate the write slowdown when the
file size exceeds the size of the cache.) since some time around Mac OS
10.2.3.  I haven't had any kernel panics that afs caused.  If there is a
bug it isn't easily triggered.
--

Matt Elliott			Production Systems Infrastructure
217-265-0257			<mailto:melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu>