[OpenAFS] Re: Windows cache rehashed...

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:57:30 -0500

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> The moral of the story is simply that the algorithms designed for the
> current cache implementation were appropriate for the scale of the
> problem at the time of their implementation.  They are no longer
> appropriate given the scale of the problem today.

I have found this thread on the Windows client cache very enlightening.

One question regarding something I am a little hazy on:

The Windows client caches data in physical memory, not virtual memory?
So if I set the cache size to X MB, I have essentially reserved X MB
of system RAM for the AFS cache, unavailable for other uses?
--
Joe Buehler