[OpenAFS] Re: AFS & Maildir

Noel Burton-Krahn noel@bkbox.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:06:01 -0800

Hi David,

No I don't mind, and sure, I can tell you how to get qmail working under
AFS.

qmail invokes qmail-local for local deliveries.  So, I replaced qmail-local
with a script that gets AFS permissions first:

1. Create a "maild" AFS user.

2. Make sure "maild" can list, create, and delete files in user's Maildirs

find ~user/Maildir -type d | xargs fs setacl -acl maild:lid -dir

3.  qmail-local will need to read the "maild" password to get AFS tokens
before delivering.  I suppose you could do this with a krb5 keytab file, but
I just put the raw password in a root-readable file

echo maild-password > /var/qmail/cache/maild-password
chmod 0400 /var/qmail/cache/maild-password

4. finally, make a wrapper around qmail-local

cd /var/qmail/bin
mv qmail-local qmail-local.orig

cat >qmail-local <<EOF
#! /bin/sh
set -eu
kinit maild </var/qmail/cache/maild-password
aklog -setpag
exec /var/qmail/bin/qmail-local.orig
EOF

chmod a+x qmail-local