[OpenAFS] Running AFS client on Linux chrooted]

James E. Dobson James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU
18 Dec 2003 11:41:47 EST

> How do you deal with entries in /dev such as zero, random, urandom
> and the ttys ?

To revise my earlier message it looks like I wound up mounting this ima=
ge then putting the files into a tmpfs filesystem which I had linked /d=
ev to. Can't remember why.....Here is relevent section from my init scr=
ipt (/dev is link to /tmp/dev_tmp)

# create device node for loopback in /tmp
mkdir /tmp/dev
mknod /tmp/dev/loop0 b 7 0
mknod /tmp/dev/loop1 b 7 1

# layout my dev file system from a static image tucked away in /var/ima=
ges :-)
mkdir /tmp/dev_tmp
mount -o loop,ro -t ext2 /var/images/devfs.img /tmp/dev_tmp
tar -cf - -C /tmp/dev_tmp . | (cd /tmp/dev; tar -xf -)
umount /tmp/dev_tmp

I'm sure there are other solutions for this. I did this for network boo=
ting into AFS. Works for me...

-jed