[OpenAFS] disk partition

sabah sabah@hep.man.ac.uk
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:09:58 +0000 (GMT)

 Drar All,
         I have three disks:
 1- hda which has the root file system
 2- sda two disks mirror "raid level 1"

  Is it recommended to mount "/vicepa , /vicepb , /vicepc
  , /usr/vice/cache"  on diff. partitions on "sda"

  /usr/vice/cache
  /vicepa	root.afs
  /vicepb	root.cell user.all
  /vicepc	all users volumes

  Or could I make use of the extra disks space on "hda" and mount
  "/usr/vice/cache , /vicepa and /vicepb " on diff. partitions
  on "hda" without risking performance on my afs servers.

   Thanks, Sabah.

*     From Sabah Salih                                                *
*     Department of Physics and Astronomy,                            *
*     The University of Manchester, Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PL     *
*     Tel: +44 1612754171 or  x4171 Mobile: 07941344515               *
*     E-mail: sabah@hep.man.ac.uk                                     *
*     48 Danes Road, Fallowfield, Manchester			      *
*      M14 5JS							      *