[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

John Koyle jkoyle@rfpdepot.com
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:52:31 -0700

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 13:44, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >Certainly if the code is merged into OpenAFS it will need to support
> >both MIT and Heimdal.   I can't imagine that the work to do so would be
> >that great.
>
> For aklog, it's probably not too bad.  Some of the other tools are
> distribution-specific, though.

But Heimdal comes with the necessary tools (afslog, etc), where MIT does
not.  I don't think the inclusion of the afs-krb5 kit would be a bad
idea if there's a note stating that it's for MIT users and that Heimdal
users should have support builtin.

John