[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:27:16 -0500

So that you can slowly migrate over to krb5 and not break most stuff that
already works.

And, you can be transparent to end users in the process.

1. Fix anything that doesn't work with fakeka.
2. turn off kaserver and turn on krb5 w. fake ka. End users won't have to
change the way they do stuff cuz it still works.
3. Migrate end user tools from krb4 to krb5 and then turn off fakeka when
you're done.

Finally, ease of use.

Why would I want to tell end users they have to type in two commands to
get tokens instead of one? Most can barely handle just typing in "klog".