[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:21:05 -0500

I should add that here we have the additional complication of two kerberos
realms. There is our realm/cell, and there is the realm used by the central
computing on campus, here (and, of course, any used by any other departments).

So, on our systems, if you want tokens/tickets in our cell, you klog. If you
want tickets in the central realm, you kinit.

So, switching to kinit for getting tokens/tickets causes other problems (in
addition to the simple (heh) retraining of users problem).