[OpenAFS] Cannot start client on Windows 2000 SP2

Peter J. Nicol openafs@vrl.com.au
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 01:44:30 +0800

I am dialed in via PPP, and have followed all the instructions I can find at:

http://www.unc.edu/atn/dci/install/win/doc/

and

http://dafis.ucdavis.edu/install/afs/trouble.cfm#inifiles

to no avail.

Error I am getting is:

"The AFS Client Service could not be started successfully.
You might not have authorization to perform this operations.", with error:
0x0000042a

I have a disabled network card in the computer as well.  Machine was once on an NT
domain, but is now standalone.

Is this even doable, that is, will this work across PPP ?  If so, is there a
trick?

The build I am using is the latest from the OpenAFS.org website, 1.2.8a

Any info or pointers would be much appreciated.