[OpenAFS] Cannot obtain a token from AFS-Client on Debian and WinXP

Thomas Grieder openafs@gmx.net
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:16:28 +0100

On Sunday 05 January 2003 18:53, Charles Clancy wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Thomas Grieder wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I got my AFS-Server running. Locally it works correct. Kinit on
> > Debian-Client works also fine. But aklog gives me an error msg:
> >   aklog: Couldn't get afs.cell AFS tickets:
> >   aklog: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting AFS tick=
ets

> > On WinXP I get the following message:
> >   The AFS Client was unable to optain tokens as user in afs.cell.
> >   Error: 3 (unknown authentication error 3)
>
> What's the output of "aklog -d" in each case?

Authenticating to cell afs.cell (server server.network.local).
We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm AFS.CELL.
Getting tickets: afs/afs.cell@AFS.CELL
Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328377